The location of Alfreton Solar Farm
The intended project location is in the northern outskirts of the town of Alfreton and south of Shirland. The undulating landscape and already existing vegetation provide a natural enclosure for the solar park, which will be even further enhanced through new hedges.
Our first criteria for favouring this location is the avoidance of protected areas and land of high agricultural value. Other criteria include a low ecological impact, coordination with the development policies of the local authorities, good solar radiation, and most importantly, having a nearby option for a grid connection.
What makes this location special?
Apart from all the technical and economic considerations underlying a solar park, one of the most decisive aspects is its availability. We have carefully analyzed all of the criteria, and we believe this location is suitable because:
- There are no immediate neighbours with direct views into the site;
- Natural hedges and vegetation provide good screening;
- The agricultural quality of the terrain can be boosted through the passive use of the land;
- Through the mitigation proposals, the ecology at the site will be enhanced;
- It is in accordance with the local policies; and
- The project contributes to the national Net Zero Target.